Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Night Noises

Night Noises
Down under my covers,
I feel this warmth
This safety
As the wind whooshes over me
Whoooosh whoooosh whoooosh
Whoooosh whoooosh whoooosh
The leaves rustle quietly,
Rustle rustle rustle
Rustle rustle rustle
The darkness surrounds me
There is silence
Accept for the whooshing of the wind
And the rustling of the leaves
The wind starts to get softer
Whoosh whoosh
Whoosh whoosh
The rustling of the leaves get’s quieter
Rustle rustle
Rustle rustle
Now I hear a soft pitter-patter
I feel my covers go damp
It’s little raindrops
Falling from the sky.
I hide deeper under my covers
And wait for the pitter-patter to go away
Pitter-patter
Pitter-patter
Rustle rustle
Rustle rustle
Whoosh whoosh
Whoosh whoosh
Finally it all starts to dim.
I wait.
The pitter-patters soon die out,
The soft rustling of the leaves fade
The whooshing wind goes away.
I peek out
All I see is darkness
I look up, and gasp
For there in the sky,
Are a million twinkling lights.
The air is clear, the sky is dark
But there, dotted in the sky like a ladybugs back
Are twinkling stars
And each one, is twinkling at me

Twinkling at me, in the silence of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment